[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] 2.5.2 Subject Browse Index

Benjamin Kalish bkalish at forbeslibrary.org
Fri Jun 20 16:22:29 EDT 2014

I like Don's suggestion for how a subject search should work very much,
though I would say that what he describes wouldn't really be a subject
keyword search at all, but something new and significantly different from
what Evergreen currently. If we really wanted to make such a search
powerful, we would include the BT, NT, UF, and other data from the LCSH.

As for the original question of how the subject links should behave on the
browse screen, I definitely prefer for these to be a compete entity, though
this is another place where the experience could be enhanced with BT, NT,
UF, etc.

Benjamin Kalish
Forbes Library / 413-587-1012 / bkalish at forbeslibrary.org

Currently reading: *1Q84 *by Haruki Murakami and *What Is Visible *by
Kimberly Elkins
Just Finished: *Seabiscuit: An American Legend *by Laura Hillenbrand

Message: 3