[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] 2.6 RC Schedule [RM2.6]

Dan Wells dbw2 at calvin.edu
Mon Mar 3 12:29:23 EST 2014

Hello all,

I am working on a separate wrap up email for the 2.6 beta which was cut last Tuesday, but since time is mercilessly marching on, I decided I should highlight the planned schedule for the 2.6 RC which is nearly upon us.  This Friday, March 7, is the last day for targeting medium and lower bugs for inclusion in the release candidate (high and critical bugs are always welcome).  You can see the current list here:

https://launchpad.net/evergreen/+milestone/2.6.0-rc1

The list is already pretty extensive, so I am hoping we won't find too much to add.  That said, the current list of blockers for the RC is rather short:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/evergreen/+bugs?field.tag=2.6-rc-blocker

The list currently stands at four items, three of which are problems related to newer versions of PostgreSQL.  Those three bugs are going to require a fair amount of testing and eyes, so please contribute in any way you can!  Also, please let me know if there is another bug you feel should be added to the list of blockers.

I am setting a goal of Wednesday, March 12, as the last day to commit branches for inclusion in the RC.  I know this is a fairly aggressive timeline, but it is important that we accomplish as much as we can before turn our collective attention toward the conference the following week.

As always, please let me know if you have any questions or concerns about the release process.

Thanks,
Dan

Daniel Wells
Library Programmer/Analyst