[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Investigating Evergreen Holds functionality in PINES

Hardy, Elaine ehardy at georgialibraries.org
Tue Mar 4 13:17:29 EST 2014

In 2013, Leslie St. John (a consultant with PINES) and I investigated
Evergreen holds functionality in PINES to provide answers to questions
from staff at PINES libraries. Key among those questions were how holds
were processed and whether that processing was in accordance with PINES
policies and needs. The white paper Investigating Evergreen Holds
functionality in PINES and the Executive Summary present our findings and
conclusions.  They can be found at
http://pines.georgialibraries.org/holds-white-paper

Please keep in mind as you look over the paper that we were testing how
PINES implements Evergreen (version 2.3) holds processing. Your library or
consortium may differ. However, we hope that the paper is useful to others
in the Evergreen community.

We wish to thank Kathy Lussier and MassLNC for the use of their testing
scenarios. Using them as a basis for ours saved us a good deal of time.

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.

Elaine

J. Elaine Hardy
PINES & Collaborative Projects Manager
Georgia Public Library Service