[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] [OPEN-ILS-DEV] browser staff client development notes / updates

Bill Erickson berick at esilibrary.com
Thu Mar 6 12:22:05 EST 2014

You get the prize for answering my (embedded, vague) question, Terran!  I
appreciate the feedback.

For reference, printing (specifically, unmediated to multiple printers),
external file storage, websockets, and a few general-purpose UI components
are the highest priority targets for now, since everything else relies on
them.  They need to be fairly well established before we can move on to
implementing interfaces.  Mind you, I don't expect printing to by *done*
before we start on the UIs -- I imagine it will be a work in progress for
some time -- but how it operates and how the browser communicates with
printers needs to ironed out up front.

Thanks,

-b

--