[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Training user group

Borger, Shauna SBorger at library.IN.gov
Thu Mar 6 16:31:30 EST 2014

Hello everyone,

Please consider attending the Training Interest Group session at the Evergreen International Conference on Thursday, March 20, 1:15 to 2pm. The Training Interest group is open to any and all trainers in Evergreen libraries or consortia who want to share information and learn from their counterparts. Be sure to bring your horror stories as this group can commiserate! Here are some of the agenda items we hope to address at the session:

*         Discuss training efforts at each institution and provide examples of curriculum if possible.

*         What strengths and challenges do you encounter?

*         What software or techniques work best for your audience?

*         How do you approach updating your curriculum each time you upgrade?

*         Brainstorm ideas on how to better collaborate on training efforts on an international level.

Please feel free to send me additions to the tentative agenda above. Attendance for this session is open to anyone who trains or is interested in training. There are no special requirements to attend the Training Interest Group session so I hope to see many of you there!

Thanks!

Shauna Borger
Professional Development Office Supervisor
Indiana State Library
140 N. Senate Ave.
Indianapolis, IN  46204
Phone: (317) 232-3718