[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] [OPEN-ILS-DEV] Browser client dev log update / feedback request on grids

Jason Etheridge jason at esilibrary.com
Thu Mar 13 18:59:04 EDT 2014

> I just posted a wordy update to the browser client dev log with a call for
> input on how we build our UI grids (tables, lists, etc.).  See the first
> section titled "User Interface Grids / Tables".  This particular component
> will be used heavily, so I want to make sure we explore all options before
> we pick a path.

Bill, one thing I liked about the XUL lists is the standard set of
"list actions", like exporting to a file in CSV format, printing,
invoking the clipboard, etc.  I'm not sure what other folks think.
I'm also not advocating for you to expose such options in any
particular way.  Folks may want them to be a mix-in/overlay to
interface-specific menus for each list, or some icon next to a column
picker icon, etc.

--
Jason Etheridge