[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] PC reservation systems

Holly Brennan haderhold at ci.homer.ak.us
Wed Mar 19 15:30:54 EDT 2014

Our library has run Cybrarian (barely has features, continued to bill us two years after we quit using it).... then we moved to Envisionware, which I LOVED. At some point last year during an upgrade, our IT staff declared it unusable and refused to continue using it. I was very sad. I researched everything else out there and chose CASSIE. It seems to be the most advanced option out there after Envisionware. It works great, is very stable and doesn't crash, ever, but I continue to bug their support team to make it act like Envisionware since we lost some features that both staff and patrons were used to.

If I had the choice, I would return to Envisionware. It's just lovely. You'll probably pay more for it, but it just does EVERYTHING. If you aren't already spoiled, CASSIE is nice. And we migrated our patron info to it easily.

-Holly