[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Evergreen ahhhhh

Maria Parker Maria.Parker at kentonlibrary.org
Tue Mar 25 15:46:47 EDT 2014

Hi Mary,

I agree it would be simpler to delete the empty volume records but in our system I was told the empty record was kept so that in the event a replacement copy was purchased the MARC record would already be in place.
I don't know if this answers your question or not. But I and my staff do find it a bit frustrating when we have to tell a patron that we really don't have a copy for them to put on hold of that item.
Maria

Maria Parker
Circulation Supervisor
Mary Ann Mongan Branch