[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Do you trim database tables?

Tim Spindler tjspindler at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 10:18:51 EDT 2014

Mike,

I haven't checked the quantity or compared it to our entire database size
but we probably have a lot deleted bibs and copies in the database just do
to normal workflows.  Is there ever an advantage in wiping those from the
database (not just changing the deleted flag)?

I know this would have to be carefully done because removing those entirely
could break other things but I could see maybe in another couple years it
might be advantageous to remove the oldest ones from completely from the
database.

Tim

--
Tim Spindler