[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Help with Circulation Limit Sets & Groups

Deana Cunningham deana.cunningham at granvillecounty.org
Thu Mar 27 19:16:48 EDT 2014

Hi all,

We recently migrated from Evergreen 2.3.2 to 2.5.1, and I am having trouble separating out Circulation Limit Sets. In 2.3.2 I had Circulation Limit Sets set up for the majority of our items (books, etc.) at 999 (unlimited). I have Circulation Limit Sets for our DVDs and Magazines (5 items at a time). This should be 5 dvd's and 5 magazines max. However, for some reason the system is seeing them as the same type item (even though I edited the Circulation Limit Sets to include the correct circulation modifiers and broke up the original set "DVD, Magazine" into two separate sets). So if a patron has 5 magazines out they aren't able to check out even one DVD. We also have several other item types that are limited because of their type, and I want the system to be able to distinguish that a patron can have one item of AV equipment and one of our reusable carry bags checked out at the same time - but not two carry bags.

I am also not really clear on the impact of circulation limit groups on these policies. Are "sets" specific to items and "groups" specific to people?

I do not know for a fact that this was working in 2.3.2, as it is rare that this situation arises, but since I discovered it tonight I have had no success in clearing it up. Any advice?

Thanks!

Deana

Deana Cunningham
Branch Manager, South Branch Library