[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] browser client update 2014-05-01 / feedback requested on catalog integration

McCanna, Terran tmccanna at georgialibraries.org
Thu May 1 14:53:18 EDT 2014

More thoughts on catalog integration...

- All the feedback I've received from our staff so far express a strong preference to keeping the catalog view that is in the staff client as close as possible to the public OPAC view.

- Although you're not working on the cataloging phase yet, catalogers switch back and forth between the MARC view and the catalog view of a bib record when creating it / working on it to make sure it will display properly when patrons view it through the OPAC, so please keep that in mind.

- Staff say that in an older version of the staff client, there used to be visual cues on the search results to indicate when a bib record was hidden from the public view (because it had no copies attached, because all copies were lost or missing, etc.) so that staff could readily tell what they were seeing that patrons could not see. This was lost in one of the upgrades. Is that something that can be re-enabled for the browser client?

Terran McCanna
PINES Program Manager
Georgia Public Library Service
1800 Century Place, Suite 150