[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Authority Control Processing

Grace Dunbar gdunbar at esilibrary.com
Thu May 15 15:11:10 EDT 2014

And, of course, it's important to adjust your authority control sets
*prior* to doing any linking.

By default, the Evergreen authority control sets are very strict, they
control everything that can be controlled via authority.  If the subfield
is listed as controlled on the Control Set -> Authority Fields
configuration interface, then the authority data will completely replace
the bib data.

Some sites may want to exert less authority and they should adjust those
control sets prior to linking.

http://docs.evergreen-ils.org/2.6/_authorities.html#_authority_control_sets

Grace

--
Grace Dunbar, Vice President
Equinox Software, Inc.  -  The Open Source Experts
gdunbar at esilibrary.com
1-877-OPEN-ILS    www.esilibrary.com