[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] staff client dev 2014-05-19 / feedback requests

Rogan Hamby rogan.hamby at yclibrary.net
Tue May 20 08:49:34 EDT 2014

Horizontal vs. Vertical Display

We have some broad preferences for screen layout in SCLENDS but since
monitors aren't universal nor are the opinions.  I like the layout you've
chosen and think it strikes a reasonable balance.  The circ staff I've
shown it to like it as well.  I'm also in favor of moving away from
supporting two different layouts.  While I think it's nice to imagine
Evergreen as everything to all people I think it sets up development /
testing challenges that we could do without.

Links

+1 to using built in browser controls to override the open in same tab
behavior.  I'm not familiar with Firefox either but based on some quick web
searching it looks like it's behaviors are different from Chrome's.  In
fact there appear to be a few Firefox addons to simply it's behaviors.  A
regular Firefox user might have better insight here.

http://www.accessfirefox.org/Firefox_Keyboard_and_Mouse_Shortcuts.html

--

Rogan Hamby, MLS, CCNP, MIA
Managers Headquarters Library and Reference Services,

“You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop
reading them.”
― Ray Bradbury <https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/1630.Ray_Bradbury>

“You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit
me.”
― C.S. Lewis <http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/1069006.C_S_Lewis>