[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Corrupt files? Can they be reloaded?

Walz, Jennifer jlwalz at asbury.edu
Wed Nov 12 10:14:04 EST 2014

All,

Ok.  I don’t mean to be a bug about this, but the Evergreen documentation is very limited so…

  I think now we DO have a permission problem.  We are trying to set up our Circulation Supervisor to be able to view, register, create, delete, update (modify) patron records.  But now she is not able to see the patron records.   (we get a similar screen as before, no fields, but lots of buttons)   When other administrator logins are used, there is no problem.   So my question is, without giving that staff account ALL permissions, what are the specific ones required to make those things possible?     Are there conflicting permissions??  In other words, if you have one thing set, others are excluded without you knowing it?    So, for instance, if I have that permission group set with “editing permissions” of group_application.user.staff.circ_admin, does that conflict with specific permissions set in the “group config” tab??   And what level of permission should we set?   Consortium, System, Branch?    Do those effect what you see?   If the patron records are loaded by the sys admin, can everyone see them?  Or do you need permissions to see certain records?

   And what ARE those “editing permissions” anyway in the permissions group editor?   Why is there one permission in one place and group permissions defined on the tab?

Thanks!

Jennifer
Jennifer Walz, MLS – ILS confused
Kinlaw Library -  Asbury University