[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] 2.8 release manager planning

Bill Erickson berickxx at gmail.com
Thu Nov 13 10:05:34 EST 2014

Hi All,

At Wednesday's developer meeting I volunteered and was elected the
(provisionally named) Evergreen 2.8 release manager.  I'd like to discuss
my goals for this release and open the floor to others who may wish to
offer suggestions and feedback.

Areas of interest for me personally:

* Solidify support for Debian Jessie and Ubuntu 14.04.
* Continued testing, implementation, and improving the (developer) install
process for the browser staff client
* Continued improvement of the installation process in general, as
discussed in IRC.
* Finalize deprecation of script-based circ (and spidermonkey)
* As always, working through our Launchpad backlog.

Are there any other big picture items we should focus on for this release?

We will, of course, continue the March/Sept. release cycle, so we should
expect a beta release around mid February and a final 2.8.0 release in mid
March.  I'll announce specific dates to the list soon.

Thanks,

-b