[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Making patron data invisible for other libraries in consortium?

skolkova@upcmail.cz skolkova at chello.cz
Sat Oct 4 09:08:37 EDT 2014

Hi,

Here in the Czech Republic we are just considering a pilot project for a simple
consortium of two libraries (so far, in our country there are only single
plantings). However, the two libraries would be two separate legal entities and
we need to ensure patron data privacy.

At this moment it seems that the easiest way would be to make sure that the two
libraries would not share their patrons (meaning that one library would not see
the other library's patrons). Can Evergreen cope with this? And if so, how
exactly?

Or is it necessary to make such legal arrangements that would enable the two
libraries share data about their patrons?

Thank you in advance for sharing any ideas or links pointing to some hints
regarding this issue!

Linda Jansova