[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Scheduling our next bug squashing day

Kathy Lussier klussier at masslnc.org
Wed Oct 15 12:04:51 EDT 2014

Hi all,

At the last Evergreen developers meeting, we agreed that many good
things happened during our first bug squashing day in August and that it
would be worthwhile to continue scheduling them on a quarterly basis.

With that in mind, we already need to schedule another Bug Squashing Day
for next month. I've set up a Doodle poll at
http://doodle.com/37t68334m82qb5it where people interested in
participating can let us know which days work best for them. I focused
on the first three weeks in November since the U.S. Thanksgiving holiday
is likely to cut into people's availability at the end of the month. I
also avoided any days when an Evergreen meeting was scheduled.

The goal of Bug Squashing Day is for any members of the community to
come together for an entire day to do what they can to fix bugs in
Evergreen. Activities include fixing bugs, testing bugs that have
pullrequests, general bug wrangling activities (confirming bugs, marking
bugs as duplicates, etc.), and pushing bug fixes into the core code.
Once again, we will have Sandboxes available so that anyone in the
community can easily test bug fixes.

Feel free to let me know if you have any questions!

Kathy

--
Kathy Lussier
Project Coordinator