[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Proposed change in Vendor Listing Policy

Rogan Hamby rogan.hamby at yclibrary.net
Sun Sep 7 21:24:36 EDT 2014

We (the Evergreen community) have had the vendor listing policy on the
Evergreen community web site for a little over a year now.  In discussing
possible changes one proposed change that we (the Evergreen Board) was
favorable to was one that I have proposed.  I have proposed that on the
vendor listings we require a link back from the vendor listing on our site
to their description of Evergreen related services.

I see this as a positive feature so that when community members are
browsing the vendor listings they can easily link through to the most up to
date information on the vendor's site as to what they offer, success
stories, whatever marketing they want to use beyond the brief they give us
for the listing.

However, like the original vendor listing policy we didn't want to make
this decision without involving everyone the community as a whole.

--

Rogan Hamby, MLS, CCNP, MIA
Managers Headquarters Library and Reference Services,

“You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit
me.”
― C.S. Lewis <http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/1069006.C_S_Lewis>