[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Proposed change in Vendor Listing Policy

Jason Stephenson jason at sigio.com
Fri Sep 12 09:17:22 EDT 2014

Sent from my peronal email because I'm answering in my role as a vendor
and independent community member and not in my role at MVLC.

On 09/11/2014 04:27 PM, Rogan Hamby wrote:
> What I'm curious to know from Brad and other vendors is if this is
> something they would want to do.  There have been a lot of comments
> about this being a burden and almost in a tone as if it was a harassment
> to vendors.  I envisioned it as a positive way of pointing community
> members to services they might want and thus helping the vendors.  If
> this isn't something they would want then while I do think it would be
> better for potential customers there probably isn't a reason to proceed.

If a vendor makes it hard for a customer to find out what their
Evergreen services are, that vendor won't get very many Evergreen
customers. I don't think it is the community's role to police this. The
onus is on the vendor.

I agree with Chris and Kathy that such a page should not necessarily be
a requirement.

FWIW, I already have such a page on my site.

Cheers,
Jason Stephenson