[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Proposed change in Vendor Listing Policy

Jason Etheridge jason at esilibrary.com
Fri Sep 12 14:08:38 EDT 2014

On Fri, Sep 12, 2014 at 12:13 PM, Lazar, Alexey Vladimirovich
<alexey.lazar at mnsu.edu> wrote:
> Vendors, we would appreciate if you could show your support for the Evergreen community by linking back to our web site at http://www.evergreen-ils.org/.

Speaking as an individual, I would prefer that we keep this a
requirement.  It's more than a fair "trade" for being listed on our
community website.  IMO, it's a show of solidarity with the Evergreen
community and a hedge against those who might want to fork the
software or keep changes to themselves in this new software as a
service world.  If you're going to use Evergreen to "compete", then do
so on a level playing field.  Let others know what software you're
using and what that really means (that there is choice).  In other
words, compete on merit, not obfuscation.  It benefits everyone.

--
Jason Etheridge