[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Proposed change in Vendor Listing Policy

Rogan Hamby rogan.hamby at yclibrary.net
Mon Sep 15 07:44:01 EDT 2014

We drew a lot on the Koha policy when we made it and while I think looking
at other communities is useful at this point we've had the policy in place
for a year and I think it's more important to look internal to our own
community and our experiences.  Maybe it would be useful to discuss the
issues we've had and the complaints that have been raised to the policy in
the last year?

On Mon, Sep 15, 2014 at 7:08 AM, Sharp, Chris <csharp at georgialibraries.org>
wrote:

> As someone pointed out before, this language was a holdover from the Koha
> site policy that was the model for our own.  Here is their wording (from
> http://koha-community.org/support/paid-support/how-to-get-listed/):
>
> "Companies must show their support of the Koha Community by adding a
> visible link to the Koha community website at
> http://www.koha-community.org to their Koha offering web page."
>
> Slight difference in their wording and ours:
>
> "Companies and non-profit organizations providing Evergreen services must
> take the following steps to be added to the Evergreen Paid Support Services
> page:" ...
>
> "Show support for the Evergreen community by adding a visible link on
> their Evergreen offering page to the Evergreen community web site at
> http://evergreen-ils.org"
>
> I would be curious to know if the Koha community uses their policy to
> enforce particular content (beyond the link back) on each vendor's web site.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Chris

Rogan Hamby, MLS, CCNP, MIA
Managers Headquarters Library and Reference Services,
York County Library System

“You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit
me.”
― C.S. Lewis <http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/1069006.C_S_Lewis>