[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Searching for author using the link in search results

Cerninakova Eva cernin at jabok.cz
Mon Sep 15 10:57:41 EDT 2014

Hi Elaine,

it is true that the author link in the  facet works fine in our catalog.
But the problem is that it is quite confusing for our patrons if they get
no entry  when clicking the author link in search results or record details
although the record/s exist/s.

As far as I know, the same think  with author link happens to the library
of Evangelical Theological Seminary in Prague  and they have the Evergreen
version 2.5.3 (although I think they do not use subfield "$d" for date of
birth or death, so the problem concerns the subfield "$7" only in their
case), see
http://lib.etspraha.cz/eg/opac/results?query=matou%C5%A1ek&qtype=author&fi%3Aitem_type=&sort=

My first idea how to solve it was to delete the "difficult" subfields but I
am afraid We could  get rid nor of authors dates nor of  subfield $7 (at
least because the subfield $7 is used as a linking  authority number for
the  Czech national authorities which we are planning to implement soon).

I  looked at MARC  records in  Pines catalog and I saw Pines uses subfield
$0 for  Pines authority number (or something like that) with no problem and
the subfield $d works fine in the Pines catalog too.

I only  guess the problem has something to do with the processing URLs for
author link i TPAC template /openils/var/opac/parts/record/authors.tt2
(perhaps in the template section ""BLOCK build_author_links; ...") and
maybe as well in  the template /openils/var/opac/parts/result/table.tt2?
But unfortunately I am not sure at it as I am not much familiar with
template toolkit  :-(.

Eva

---
Mgr. Eva Cerniňáková
cernin at jabok.cz
Tel. +420 211 222 409

Knihovna Jabok
http:/knihovna.jabok.cz
Tel.  +420 211 222 410

Jabok - Vyšší odborná škola sociálně pedagogická a teologická
Salmovská 8, 120 00 Praha 2