[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Reg: installation of evergreen in ubuntu saucy

Ben Shum bshum at biblio.org
Wed Sep 17 09:34:52 EDT 2014

Hi Myra,

To further clarify what Chris says, only Ubuntu LTS "64-bit server edition"
has been regularly tested and made supported installation targets for
Evergreen. And Chris is also right that 12.04 is the best version presently.

If you are running Saucy as your desktop/laptop environment and you have
enough system resources to spare, it might be worth trying out
virtualization software like virtualbox or kvm to install a localized copy
of Ubuntu 12.04 server as a virtual instance and try out the Evergreen
installation there rather than reformat completely. Or maybe you're already
doing that, in which case, cool. :)

-- Ben

Sent from my LG G2