[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Newbie - Circulation reports question - overdues and fines

Walz, Jennifer jlwalz at asbury.edu
Tue Sep 23 14:44:08 EDT 2014

All -

Ok.  I am brand spanking new and sorry for the newbie questions.   We are just starting with Evergreen 2.5 and we have all the parameters and conditions set (at least we think so!).   We are an academic institution.    I just don't know at this point how to run overdue and fine notices.  Is there something we need to set to make them go?   Or is there a report we have to create and then run on a schedule?     Start me from scratch with instructions as this system is totally new to me.   We are coming from Sirsi/Dynix.

  We would like them to run on a schedule and the notice itself be sent to each student by email.  Is that possible?   How do we set that up?

  And then we need a report that is generated from the same output so that we can check what was sent.  Is that possible?  How is that done?

Is it also possible to have separate notices going out on alternating days?   Like fines on M,W,F and overdues on T,TH??    What about bills?  Are they also generated separately or together with other notices?    Can you set how many notices go to each patron and escalate them to higher kinds of notices?

  Is there a way to change the notice language?   The format of the notice itself?

  Are there canned reports out there that I can get from others to use?   Where can I get them from?  Certainly every single library has a generic report for this right?  Something like - show me all patrons that have books out and are overdue by 1 day.      Or show me all patrons that have a fine exceeding x amount.

Yeah.  These are very basic questions but NONE of the documentation says ANYTHING about any of this.    I'm afraid I need details and specifics.  Examples of how this works someplace would also be very nice.

Thanks for all the help and pointing me in the right direction!

Jennifer
Jennifer Walz, MLS - Sys Admin
Kinlaw Library -  Asbury University
One Macklem Drive, Wilmore, KY 40390