[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] ***SPAM*** Re: Evergreen Doc site Revamp

Snigdha Dagar snigdha.dagar at gmail.com
Fri Sep 26 11:40:18 EDT 2014

Hello Josh,

Thank you for your feedback.

Yes, I agree that the user comments would have to be moderated. Maybe this
could be done on a weekly basis. This would ensure efficiency while also
not increasing the workload too much

My idea was in fact to have an expandable table of contents, as you
suggested. It would be somewhat like what google app engine does here -
https://cloud.google.com/appengine/docs/python/gettingstartedpython27/introduction.
I understand your concern and I think the design could be adjusted in such
a way as to not waste or decrease the screen space too much.

I am sorry, I missed out on the search tab in my design. Custom search, as
you suggested, is a great feature. It would make sure that the user gets
exactly what he is searching for, and make the entire database of
documentation more accessible. This would be especially useful in the case
of irc logs and archives of the mailing list (since they aren't included in
the search right now). Since the IRC logs and the archives already have a
search option, I think this feature would not be very difficult to
incorporate.

Also, do you have any other suggestions on the documentation ( not just the
design but the content as well) ?

Regards,
Snigdha