[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Proposal to remove some advanced search options from the catalog

Galen Charlton gmc at esilibrary.com
Mon Sep 29 13:48:15 EDT 2014

Hi,

On Mon, Sep 29, 2014 at 10:13 AM, Kathy Lussier <klussier at masslnc.org> wrote:
> Rather than present a search option to our users that has a higher
> likelihood of leading to unsuccessful search results than our other search
> options, I would like to see if there is willingness in the community to
> remove these options in the next (March/April) release of Evergreen.

I can see removing the options from the advanced search page to avoid
confusion for users; I'd also be curious to see some results from
trawling logs to see how frequently they get used (and might do some
of that myself).  IMO, the underlying features of the search grammar
still belong in the search engine, though.

Regards,

Galen
--
Galen Charlton