[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Proposal to remove some advanced search options from the catalog

Hardy, Elaine ehardy at georgialibraries.org
Tue Sep 30 09:50:40 EDT 2014

I agree with removing matches exactly from advanced search. I do see the
value of leaving starts with on advanced search for the reasons Terran
points out -- it can be combined and filtered where browse search cannot.

Moving matches exactly, at least, to expert search would be a  would be a
good solution to retaining access to the functionality for a user that
needs it  but prefers not to use (or doesn't know) the search syntax,
without creating confusion for the general user.

Elaine

J. Elaine Hardy
PINES & Collaborative Projects Manager
Georgia Public Library Service