[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Hourly Due Dates and Fines Ignore Closings

Walz, Jennifer jlwalz at asbury.edu
Thu Apr 2 14:31:17 EDT 2015

All –

We have seen this problem as well and our only work-around at this point is to waive the fines for any items brought back the next day first thing.   Or for items waiting in the bookdrop.  And we try to pay attention the due time at checkout if it is close to closing.

  We try to give our students the benefit of the doubt, and our circ workers try to be diligent in checking this, but it would really be better for everyone if the system would calculate it all correctly.

Thanks!

Jennifer
Jennifer Walz, MLS - Head of Research & Distance Services
Kinlaw Library -  Asbury University
One Macklem Drive, Wilmore, KY 40390
859-858-3511 ext. 2269
jlwalz at asbury.edu