[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Patron Self-registration Cron Example

Jackson, Robert RJackson at library.IN.gov
Fri Apr 10 10:42:57 EDT 2015

Thanks Bill!

I had just found the purge_pending_users.srfsh mentioned in documentation and discovered it needed moved to our /openils/bin directory. I think this will make our members happy here in Indiana!

Go Evergreen ;)

-----------------------------
Robert J. Jackson
Systems Administrator Int.
Indiana State Library
http://library.in.gov<http://library.in.gov/>
315 W Ohio St
Indianapolis, IN 46202
(317) 234-7317
rjackson at library.in.gov
From: Open-ils-general [mailto:open-ils-general-bounces at list.georgialibraries.org] On Behalf Of Bill Erickson
Sent: Friday, April 10, 2015 10:39 AM
To: Evergreen Discussion Group
Subject: Re: [OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Patron Self-registration Cron Example

Hi Bob,

In short, run it once a day.

The sample crontab in Evergreen looks like this:

# Run the pending user purger
30 2  * * *   . ~/.bashrc && $EG_BIN_DIR/purge_pending_users.srfsh

This incantation assumes you are using the the stock crontab variable declarations.

For this to function, you also need to set a value for the "Patron Self-Reg. Expire Interval" library setting.

Hope this helps,

-b