[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Deleting Patron Accounts

Scott Thomas scott at albright.org
Tue Aug 4 13:21:53 EDT 2015

Our old ILS would not allow you to remove a patron until all outstanding bills, holds, and checkouts were cleared. We were thrilled that Evergreen would simply allow you to remove the patron. However, I have heard from various sources that, while EG will allow you to remove a patron with impunity, it is not good practice to remove a patron with outstanding transactions and bills. Can anyone clarify this?

Thank you,
Scott

Scott  Thomas, MLS
Head of Information Technologies and Technical Services
Scranton Public Library
Lackawanna County Library System
2006 N. Main Ave.
Scranton, PA 18508