[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Staff login - multiple windows logins

Walz, Jennifer jlwalz at asbury.edu
Tue Aug 4 16:27:01 EDT 2015

All -

I think I have asked this before - or a variation thereof.   I was just wondering if maybe someone has come up with a creative solution since before.

   So, we have student workers in another department in our building, who will be checking in and out equipment.   Each student will be logging into the checkout computer with their campus login.   But we DON'T want to create multiple WORKSTATIONS for each instance of Evergreen in every single windows login.  Is this possible?

  I notice that with the "- profilemanager" option for Evergreen, that you can set up different workstations / profiles.  That is wonderful!    But do you think that profile list could then be in a root directory on the computer so that all Windows logins could point to it and every instance of Evergreen would see the SAME workstation / profile?

  I'm just fishing in the dark here.   We really really don't want is to create 20 different workstation setups for this checkout point.  But that is what it has come down to.

Any other creative solutions out there?   I would really love to hear them.

Thanks!

Jennifer
Jennifer Walz, MLS - Head of Research & Distance Services
Kinlaw Library -  Asbury University
One Macklem Drive, Wilmore, KY 40390
859-858-3511 ext. 2269
jlwalz at asbury.edu