[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Z39.50 client query encoding issues

Linda Jansova skolkova at chello.cz
Wed Aug 19 09:15:50 EDT 2015

Thank you, Elaine!

Our problem, however, is not related to making searches in external
databases (such as Library of Congress or OCLC), this works fine. (I
apologize for writing such a long message which has probably resulted in
being less undestandable than desired.)

The problem occurs when someone else who acts as Z39.50 client wishes to
query our database (playing the role of Z39.50 server). In our case we
would like the library gateway for the disabled (especially for the
blind people) to be able to query our database which contains quite a
lot of documents which may be of interest to those using the gateway.

As I could not find your Z39.50 server info (especially host, port,
database), I could not verify if those wishing to query your database
could experience the same difficulties. But since I have encountered
them at Laurentian University I believe it may be the same for other
Evergreen installations...

Linda