[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Batch search using 028 field data (publisher number)

Hardy, Elaine ehardy at georgialibraries.org
Mon Dec 14 10:34:03 EST 2015

I would include barcodes and record ids or TCNs in the report. Dedup the
spreadsheet in Excel using the record ID or TCN, if you have multiple items
attached to a title record. I wouldn’t use the 028 for deduping since you
might have multiple record with the same 028.

Then, create a text file of the barcodes. If you have a large number, you
may need to break the text file up into multiple files to make them easier
to manage.

In Item status, load the text file of barcodes (making sure to uncheck Trim
list).

Select all and then from the actions for catalogers menu, add to record
bucket. Then you can export the files..

Elaine

J. Elaine Hardy
PINES & Collaborative Projects Manager