[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Reminder! Community Bug Squashing Day is tomorrow!

Kathy Lussier klussier at masslnc.org
Mon Dec 14 15:29:19 EST 2015

Hi all!

I'm just sending along a reminder that community Bug Squashing Day is
tomorrow! Blake Henderson at MOBIUS and I have loaded 17 bug fixes on
Sandboxes to get them ready for testing from eight volunteers.

Bug Squashing Day provides dedicated time when people in the community
can help with bug wrangling activities, can test and provide feedback on
patches that have been contributed to Evergreen, can work on fixing
bugs, and, in the case of core committers, can merge bug fixes into the
core software. If you didn't get a chance to request a Sandbox, there
are still many ways you can help with Bug Squashing Day activities.
Please see the Bug Squashing wiki page for more information:
http://wiki.evergreen-ils.org/doku.php?id=dev:bug_squashing

Blake has also loaded several patches on MOBIUS Sandboxes that do not
yet have volunteer testers. These patches include:

fm_IDL.xml metabib::record_attr_flat contains an incorrect link -
Add column picker option for number of holds in item context -
Payment by billing type breakdown -

If anyone is interested in testing code for those bugs/features, please
follow up with Blake at blake at mobiusconsortium.org for more information
on how to access the Sandbox.

If you've always been interested in helping out on Bug Squashing Day but
don't know exactly how to get started, I will be in the #evergreen IRC
channel from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. EST and again from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. EST to
answer any questions and to help you get started. You can also send me
an email with questions on how to help out.

Thanks in advance to everyone who will be helping out tomorrow!

Kathy

--
Kathy Lussier
Project Coordinator