[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Removing Age Protection after expired

Josh Stompro stomproj at exchange.larl.org
Tue Dec 15 10:24:16 EST 2015

Hello, does anyone else out there remove the age protection from copies after it has expired.  I've been asked to set that up, and it seems like a shame since it was designed to just work automatically, except that items with expired age protection still show up as age protected in the catalog.  There is a bug open about it at https://bugs.launchpad.net/evergreen/+bug/1251761

Does anyone currently go through and remove the age protection to get around that issue?  If so do you do it directly at the DB level or do you use the client?  Are there any gotchas about directly updating asset.copy to change the age protection and also changing the shelving location at the same time.

If anyone wants to combine resources to get that bug fixed, either with brain power or development funding let me know also.
Josh

Lake Agassiz Regional Library - Moorhead MN larl.org
Josh Stompro     | Office 218.233.3757 EXT-139
LARL IT Director | Cell 218.790.2110