[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Removing Age Protection after expired

Bob Wicksall bwicksall at pls-net.org
Tue Dec 15 11:05:16 EST 2015

Instead of turning off age protect we modified the way the TPac displays the message. We do some date math and adjust the message accordingly. Staff and patrons get different messages since "Age Protect" is meaningless to a patron.

Our TPac is fairly heavily modified. Here is a code snip(opac/parts/record/copy_table.tt2):

138 [%- IF copy_info.age_protect AND copy_info.create_date;
139 create_date = date.format(ctx.parse_datetime(copy_info.create_date), "%Y%m%d");
140 today = date.format(date.now, "%Y%m%d");
141
142 age_protect_age = ctx.get_crahp(copy_info.age_protect).age;
143
144 manip = date.manip;
145 expire_date = manip.DateCalc(create_date, age_protect_age.replace('mons', 'months'));
146 expire_date_format = manip.UnixDate(expire_date, DATE_FORMAT);
147 expire_date = manip.UnixDate(expire_date, "%Y%m%d");
148
149 expire_msg = '';
150 age_protect_is_active = 0;
151
152 IF today > expire_date;
153 date_color = 'green';
154 age_protect = l('Expired');
155 ELSE;
156 date_color = 'orange';
157 age_protect = l('Active');
158 expire_msg = expire_date_format;
159 age_protect_is_active = 1;
160 END ;
161 ELSE;
162 date_color = 'black';
163 age_protect = l('None');
164 expire_msg = '-';
165 age_protect_is_active = 0;
166 END;
167 %]

Then for staff:

168 [%- IF ctx.is_staff %]
169 <td style='color:[% date_color | html %];'>
170 [% age_protect | html %] <br />
171 [% expire_msg | html %]
172 </td>
173 <td>[%
174 IF copy_info.create_date;
175 date.format(
176 ctx.parse_datetime(copy_info.create_date),
177 DATE_FORMAT
178 );
179 ELSE;
180 '-';
181 END;
182 %]</td>
183 [% END # is_staff %]

For patrons:

247 [%- IF age_protect_is_active AND !ctx.is_staff %]
248 <tr>
249 <td></td>
250 <td colspan='3' style='color:orange'>This copy is new and can only be picked up at this library.</td>
251 </tr>
252 [%- END %]

Bob Wicksall
Computer and Network Services Manager