[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] 2016 EIC - Call for Proposals Reminder

Jonathan Furr furrjt at forsyth.cc
Mon Dec 28 13:22:40 EST 2015

Hello Evergreen Community!

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season and that everyone is looking
forward to a new year and the Evergreen Conference in April!

We have received a handful of proposals so far and the current list of
proposals can be viewed here
<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xtevFctlcXKsJ-32yAo_ZBqX2CEW_m5VFObHowKcfMQ/edit?usp=sharing>.
If you have been waiting for the new year to submit a proposal, now is the
time.  The deadline to submit proposals is still Friday, January 15, 2016.
We hope to announce the full list of programs by February 1, 2016.

If you want to present, but are unsure of a topic, we have received several
suggestions/requests for presentations.  Here are some of the topics:

   -

   Training/Documentation for Patrons
   -

   Reader Privacy
   -

   OPAC
   -

   Introduction to the Evergreen Community
   -

   Researching Patron Questions (i.e. bills, holds, etc.)
   -

   Addressing Issues with Bib Records & Cataloging from an End User
   Standpoint
   -

   Cataloging Best Practices
   -

   De-Duplication Efforts

The majority of the program requests we have received are for the End User
track.  In light of this, we strongly encourage any and all Evergreen
front-line/end users who have ideas for presentations to submit a
proposal.  For a more extensive list of possible program ideas from past
conferences, please visit the conference website
<http://evergreen-ils.org/conference/2016-call-for-proposals/>.

Instructions for Submitting Proposals:

   1.

   All submissions must include a session title, short description
   appropriate for the conference program (no more than 200 words), and the
   names, institutions, job titles and email addresses of those who will be
   presenting the material at the conference.
   2.

   Indicate your intended program track (End User, General, Technical) and
   presumed technical expertise of your audience (None, Low, Moderate, High).
   3.

   List any technology requirements.
   4.

   Email all proposal submissions to 2016EIC at gmail.com.
   5.

   The deadline for submitting proposals is Friday, January 15, 2016.

If you have questions regarding the submission process or questions about
proposals in general, please feel free to contact Jennifer Dale (
Jennifer.Dale at davidsoncountync.gov) or Jonathan Furr (furrjt at forsyth.cc).
We look forward to hearing from you!

2016 Evergreen International Conference - Program Committee:

Jennifer Dale (Co-Chair) - Davidson County Public Library

Jonathan Furr (Co-Chair) - Forsyth County Public Library

Andrea Buntz-Neiman - Kent County Public Library

Galen Charlton - Equinox Software

Martha Crawley - Cumberland County Public Library

Bonnie Dail - Wayne County Public Library

Nicole de Bruijn - Appalachian Regional Library

Forest Doyle - Buncombe County Public Library

April Durrence - State Library of North Carolina

Wayne Hunt - Franklin County Public Library

Lise Keppler - Forsyth County Public Library

Beth Longwell - Sage Library System

Kathryn Nesbit - Forsyth County Public Library

Tanya Prokrym - State Library of North Carolina
Serenity Richards - Fontana Regional Library