[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] user passwords for accounts - default?

Walz, Jennifer jlwalz at asbury.edu
Tue Feb 3 11:17:56 EST 2015

All -

   Ok.  I do appreciate that Evergreen has built in security measures.   They are very good.   However, I am unclear about how we can change some of those settings to better match our needs.

   It appears to me that the default for user accounts passwords is the last 4 digits of the patron phone number.   But we don't enter a phone number most of the time.  We use email as the required field instead.   Phone number is not required on the patron registration form.   So, then how do patrons know what their password is in order to access their account through the opac interface?       Is there a way that we can set a default generic password to be populated into the patron registration form?   We had that on our previous system and we could then tell all students to use that and then change their password after they got into their account.    How do we make this work in Evergreen?    How do students get into their account if they don't know what the password is?

Secondary issue:   And I am assuming that somewhere in the templates we can change the language of the prompt for the opac webpage?      Right now it tells patrons to use the last 4 digits of their phone number - which is wrong information.    Can someone tell me where that text is so I can change it?

Thanks!

Jennifer
Jennifer Walz, MLS - Head of ILS madness
Kinlaw Library -  Asbury University
One Macklem Drive, Wilmore, KY 40390
859-858-3511 ext. 2269
jlwalz at asbury.edu