[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Search URL's for evergreen opac

Dan Scott dan at coffeecode.net
Tue Feb 3 16:24:19 EST 2015

On Tue, Feb 3, 2015 at 4:05 PM, Walz, Jennifer <jlwalz at asbury.edu> wrote:

>  All –
>

>    I had asked previously for help with a search form / widget for our web
> page.  THANK YOU for the guidance.
>

>   Now we need to link our OCLC / Firstsearch interface.  They ask for
> search strings.   Is there a standard format for query strings?
>
> *ISBN Search Results URL:   *Enter the URL for the screen that displays
> the results of an ISBN search of your catalog.
>

> OCLC will do a search via the FirstSearch interface by ISBN, ISSN, and
> OCLC number.   What are the search strings for Evergreen that will make
> that work?   Our root URL is this:
> http://evergreen.asbury.edu/eg/opac/home/AU

The minimum you need is:

ISBN:
http://evergreen.asbury.edu/eg/opac/results?qtype=identifier|isbn&query=9999999999
ISSN:
http://evergreen.asbury.edu/eg/opac/results?qtype=identifier|issn&query=9999-9999
OCLC number:
http://evergreen.asbury.edu/eg/opac/results?qtype=identifier|scn&query=9999999999

(where "999999999" stands in for the actual number)

You can view our WorldCat Registry configuration page at
http://www.worldcat.org/registry/Opac/87164

Dan