[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Displaying patron information for checked out books

Mike Rylander mrylander at gmail.com
Wed Feb 4 10:53:14 EST 2015

I, too, am hesitant to move on this for all the reasons Rogan suggests.
However, to play devil's advocate, with the protection of separate view and
update permissions on the org unit setting, and the non-existence of those
permissions in stock, it should be safe from all but the admin superuser.
Sites wanting to use the feature would need to first add both permissions
and then give those permissions to appropriate staff accounts.  That sets
the bar pretty high.  One could even imagine an internal flag (which
requires database access to set) that would preclude the use of the setting
even if present and configured.

--
Mike Rylander