[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] user passwords for accounts - default?

Walz, Jennifer jlwalz at asbury.edu
Wed Feb 4 16:00:06 EST 2015

Kathy,

That is what I believe is happening now when you register a new user.   But that is a random number.   But the instructions on the web page say use your phone number.  That is incorrect.   And what I really want to know, is instead of generating a random number for each newly registered user, is there a way to auto populate the field with the SAME standard generic password.   That way, when we personally register a new student, we can tell them "this is your generic password" so they can then go on the system to change it themselves.    We would of course NOT post those instructions on the web site or opac.     We also hope to be auto-loading our student records sometime soon.  So in that process, can we fill in the SAME starter password for each new user record when the system uploads all of their other data?    Does the system automatically generate a random password whenever a new record is created?     Can we have it copy their barcode over to that field?

Thanks!

Jennifer
Jennifer Walz, MLS - ILS Mysterium
Kinlaw Library -  Asbury University