[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] include due time on My Account summary?

Gordana Vitez gvitez at niagaracollege.ca
Tue Feb 10 14:20:42 EST 2015

Thanks, Galen.

I'll give that a try!

Gordana Vitez, BA (Hons), MLIS
Library Services & Systems Coordinator
Library & Bookstore Services
Welland Campus
Niagara College
gvitez at niagaracollege.ca
905.735.2211 ext 7404
http://www.niagaracollege.ca/library

-----Original Message-----
From: Open-ils-general [mailto:open-ils-general-bounces at list.georgialibraries.org] On Behalf Of Galen Charlton
Sent: Tuesday, February 10, 2015 11:47 AM
To: Evergreen Discussion Group
Subject: Re: [OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] include due time on My Account summary?

Hi,

On Tue, Feb 10, 2015 at 10:12 AM, Gordana Vitez <gvitez at niagaracollege.ca> wrote:
> We are an academic library using Evergreen and we sign out items to
> students based on hourly periods (reserve items, laptops). A common
> complaint we hear from students is that they can’t double check the
> due time on an item from the My Account, Items Checked Out summary.
>
> Is there a way to modify the summary to include due time?

Yes.  One approach is to customize the opac/parts/config.tt2 template, uncomment out the DATE_FORMAT setting, and set it to a pattern that includes the time.

For example:

DATE_FORMAT = '%D %I:%M %p';

which will display times like

2/10/15 11:59 PM

Doing it this way is a bit of a shotgun, however, as it will make
*all* date/time fields in the OPAC display using that format.

To customize only the current checkouts page, the template to modify is opac/myopac/circs.tt2, where you could change

                            [% date.format(due_date, DATE_FORMAT) %]

                            [% date.format(due_date, '%D %I:%M %p') %]

There are other possibilities, including getting even fancier and writing a function that would recognize whether the time portion was
11:59 PM, and if so, only display the date portion.

Regards,

Galen
--
Galen Charlton