[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Due date conundrum - time due is weird

Rogan Hamby rogan.hamby at yclibrary.net
Thu Feb 26 19:00:54 EST 2015

Happens all the time in various ways Jennifer.  Once upon a time (last
week) I spent about five minutes scratching my head as to why my reports
were "an hour off" before I realized that my laptop for some reason was in
the wrong time zone and when I copied and pasted from SQL into Excel Excel
was kindly "adjusting" the times for me.  Recording time zone information
along with time stamps may seem excessive but I wouldn't be surprised to
find consortiums (maybe in Canada?) that cross time zones and find it
necessary.

I still have no idea how my laptop ended up in that time zone ....

--

Rogan Hamby, MLS, CCNP, MIA
Managers Headquarters Library and Reference Services,

“You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit
me.”
― C.S. Lewis <http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/1069006.C_S_Lewis>