[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Circulating sewing patterns

Hardy, Elaine ehardy at georgialibraries.org
Thu Jan 8 09:04:06 EST 2015

I did a quick search on OCLC to see if anyone else had cataloged patterns.
While no means an extensive search, the only thing I found besides pattern
books were archival collections of patterns. In some ways that surprised me;
but, I think the ephemeral nature of tissue paper patterns probably prevents
libraries from circulating them. The cataloging will be easy compared to the
processing needed to make sure the patterns are protected and returned
undamaged. Linda and others have raised excellent points. Let us know if you
solve the processing issues and start circulating them! Very interested in
knowing how your community responds.

Are you on AUTOCAT? You might also post there as well to see if others have
circulated patterns. They might do so without a bib record.

Elaine

J. Elaine Hardy
PINES & Collaborative Projects Manager
Georgia Public Library Service