[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Results list of the "Call Number (Shelf Browse)" list

Benjamin Kalish bkalish at forbeslibrary.org
Fri Jan 16 11:52:31 EST 2015

I would very, very much prefer a list view. I have always found the grid of
nine books confusing, and I know I am not alone in this. What's more, it
restricts you to only seeing 9 call numbers at a time, which can make for
lots of clicking!

Ideally the user would be able to choose between displaying either one line
per call number or one line per bibliographic record. In the former
situation only the call number should be shown, while in the latter it
would be sensible to show information from the record such as title and
author. If the system were to only do one of these, however, the first
option would definitely be my preference. Otherwise it would be useless for
seeing the sequence of call numbers wherever a library assigns many records
the same number.

Benjamin Kalish
Forbes Library / 413-587-1012 / bkalish at forbeslibrary.org

Currently reading: *The Riddle of the Sands* by Erskine Childers and *1Q84 *by
Haruki Murakami
Just Finished: *2001: A Space Odyssey *by Arthur C. Clarke