[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Deleted items in the system

Elizabeth Thomsen et at noblenet.org
Thu Jan 22 00:42:53 EST 2015

Whether or not "is deleted" should be true or false depends on the report
and what it's being used for.  The example we use is a report of items
added.  If you're running a report of the number of items you added in
January 2014 to compare them with the number of items you added in January
2015, the report would be inaccurate without including the deleted items
in the count, because the report is really about the activity.  (You want
the numbers to be the same no matter when you run the report.)  If you're
running a list of items added in the last three months and you want to use
it as a new books list, you don't want to include any items that have been
deleted.

One thing we like in Release 2.7 is the ability to add a "hint" to each
filter in a report template, which makes it easier to call attention to
the significance of each element of a template.

--
Elizabeth Thomsen, Member Services Manager
NOBLE: North of Boston Library Exchange
E-mail: et at noblenet.org