[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Customizing OPAC for each library in consortium

Cerninakova Eva cernin at jabok.cz
Wed Jul 8 11:40:34 EDT 2015

Hi all,

We are currently creating our first tiny Evergreen consortium, and I have a
question concerning the  OPAC settings.

Is there a possibility to customize the OPAC differently for each library
in consortium?
The desired functionality is something like this:

   1. When patron from Library1 opens the link to catalog
   - the default search library on the catalog homepage  is set to
      "Library1"
      - the OPAC homepage is customized just for Library1 (i. e. patron
      sees only the information related  to  Library1,  maybe logo of Library1
      etc.).
   2. Similarly when patron from Library2 opens the link to catalog - the
   default search library on the catalog homepage  is set to "Library2" etc.

I know how to create the custom TPAC templates directory and how to set the
template overriding in Apache, but as I understand it, the custom template
for each library is applied only when patron is logged in to OPAC.

 Is there a possibility to customize catalog pages without logging in?
(According to several Evergreen consortia  catalogs I have examined it
seems to me that this is possible. But how?)

Could you please give me a hit, how to do it?

Thanks a lot.

Eva

---
Mgr. Eva Cerniňáková
cernin at jabok.cz
Tel. +420 211 222 409

Knihovna Jabok
http:/knihovna.jabok.cuni.cz <http://knihovna.jabok.cz>
Tel.  +420 211 222 410

Jabok - Vyšší odborná škola sociálně pedagogická a teologická
Salmovská 8, 120 00 Praha 2