[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Feedback requested on patron editor in web client

Jason Stephenson jstephenson at mvlc.org
Fri Jul 10 09:24:34 EDT 2015

Quoting Lindsay Stratton <lstratton at pls-net.org>:

> I would LOVE to see the ability to define required and displayed
> fields for patron registration on a field by field basis, and have
> that effect only patron registration.

/Me should read better.

You are correct that it affects both edit and registration, but
other responses in this thread implied that some do not know that
the settings exist.  I thought I'd point that out.

If you'd like separate settings for edit vs. registration, I
suggest opening a bug on Launchpad. It may never actually happen
unless someone funds the development, but at least there will
be a record that someone wants that feature beyond a message in
a mailing list archive.

Launchpad is the formal way to make feature requests known to the
developers and the rest of the community.

Cheers,
Jason
--
Jason Stephenson
Assistant Director for Technology Services
Email: jstephenson at mvlc.org