[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Marc Export Script Error

Ben Shum bshum at biblio.org
Tue Jul 28 13:34:16 EDT 2015

Hi Jesse,

Some questions for you... what version of Evergreen are you using with
that PostgreSQL 9.3 system?

That error you're seeing from the upgrade log sounds like maybe you
might not have your search_path set appropriately after the database
was copied over.  For example:  "After restoring a database, make sure
to reset the search_path accordingly with something like: alter
database unpredicable_haxxors_go_away set search_path = evergreen,
public, pg_catalog;"

As for that other error, Substr outside of string at
/usr/share/perl5/MARC/Record.pm line 573 ; my guess is that you have
some bad MARC records in your database.  This is likely unrelated to
your change in PostgreSQL, or maybe the version of MARC::Record that
you're now using is less tolerant?  Or maybe you were using the older
marc_export script before it was changed around 2.6 or so and it
somehow tolerated the bad MARC better.

In any case, I would check those bibs out on your system to determine
if there's any red flags in the way the MARC was created.  Maybe
there's something that doesn't conform to the "standard" and that's
making things unhappy.

-- Ben

--
Benjamin Shum