[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Inventory Item

Dan Wells dbw2 at calvin.edu
Wed Jul 29 14:06:56 EDT 2015

We also do more or less exactly what Jennifer and others have outlined in more detail.  When the scanning is done, we generally pull our missing list directly from the DB, with a query something like the one listed below (adjust to suit), which we then import into Excel for staff/student searching of items.

Dan

COPY (
SELECT
    oils_xpath_string('//*[@tag="245"]/*[@code="a"]', bre.marc) || ' ' || COALESCE(oils_xpath_string('//*[@tag="245"]/*[@code="b"]', bre.marc), '') as title,
    oils_xpath_string('//*[@tag="100"]/*[@code="a"]', bre.marc) as author,
    acn.label,
    acp.copy_number,
    acp.barcode,
    ccs.name,
    bre.id,
    acp.create_date,
    acp.edit_date,
    acp.id,
    acn.label_sortkey
FROM asset.copy acp
JOIN asset.call_number acn ON acn.id = acp.call_number
JOIN biblio.record_entry bre ON bre.id = acn.record
JOIN config.copy_status ccs ON ccs.id = acp.status
WHERE
    NOT bre.deleted
    AND NOT acn.deleted
    AND NOT acp.deleted
    AND acp.location = 103 -- this run was only for the 4th Floor
    AND acn.label LIKE 'BS%' -- this run was for BS call numbers
    AND acp.edit_date < '2014-05-07' -- date inventory started
    AND acp.status NOT IN (1,102) -- checked out, legacy lost
    AND circ_modifier <> 'PERIODICAL' -- these don't have barcodes, so they don't get scanned
    AND barcode NOT LIKE '@@%' -- items with auto-barcodes can't be scanned
) TO '/tmp/BS_inventory_report.csv' WITH CSV;

Daniel Wells
Library Programmer/Analyst
Hekman Library, Calvin College
616.526.7133